Our Employee of the Month for May 2022 is Shalini Vijay!
Shalini came to JP Graphics after touring our facility with her Graphic Design Class at Mission College. She stopped by several times afterwards seeking an internship. We started her off part time, to help design business cards and assist with typesetting.
As Shalini started to realize the potential of the amazing equipment we have, she began to grow. She learned to use laminations, foils, and dimensional UV to made small business owner’s business cards look better than Fortune 500 companies’ cards.
Shalini has also helped JP Graphics be the print back engine for Etsy Stores, putting together designs for wrapping paper, die-cut cards, magnets, window clings, and stickers.
As we ventured into increasing Promotional Items and ASI sales, Shalini added logos and designs to pens, post-its, tablecloths, pop-up banners, and the monthly Featured Promo Items that Bill Grizzle selects.
Shalini is a true fan of the Syrapinot, and now employs her lamination, foil, and dimensional uv skills to embellish Idyll Time Wine box belly bands and custom labels for our sponsored non-profit events, weddings, corporate clients, and restaurants.
Shalini embodies the traits that are prized and valued here at JP Graphics: loyalty, the willingness to learn, and the desire to help us become one of the premiere print shops in the valley. It is easy to see why by the comments from the managers:
- “Shalini has taken on all the in house design work. She is so easy to work with. Her design skills are very good, and she is so nice to all the customers.” ~ Debbie
- “She’s killing it, and has truly mastered variable data work. Shalini designs fast, makes any corrections quickly, and is really getting the layouts down for all the embellishments we do.” ~ Dave
- “Shalini made the posters for our events and parties. Her logos really “pop” and they set the stage for the company to embrace the celebration. The Employee Recognition Party was a TRUE success.” ~ Michelle
- “She follows up to make sure her designs flow through the shop from design, to print, to finishing. Plus, Shalini is so sweet, you will always make time for what she needs done.” ~ Norbi
- “I fell in love with her tenacity of wanting to work. Now I see the potential. As we open the Idyll Time Design Center, Shainli is positioning to help businesses make their events better by combining print design and Idyll Time Wines.” ~ Joan
Thank you Shalini for your contributions to print. We’re thrilled with how far you’ve come, and we look forward to having your help showing what print can do as we launch the Idyll Time Design Center!
Share this entry
JP Graphics, a full-service printing company, is certified woman-owned and a small business by the state of California and is a Bay Area Green Company. Located at 3310 Woodward Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95054, our 33,000 sq. ft. facility houses a state of the art prepress department, numerous offset and digital presses, a complete bindery, including lamination, and diecutting. Additional services include fulfilment, large format, and mailing. We deliver all over the Bay Area and ship all over the world.