As we reached a year mark on the COVID pandemic closures and mandates, we choose to look back at the good that resulted. For many employers this included the ability to obtain Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds to keep their employees working during the slow down. Providing an opportunity to not only remain in business, but to grow stronger.
JP Graphics is one of those companies. Thanks to the PPP program, we used the slower times to implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and cross-trained our staff on the various equipment. Some employees really excelled with this opportunity and our February Employee of the Month was someone who made significant improvements that related to increased print production.
That person was Paul Powers. Paul was hired as part time as a press operator, in April 2007. Over the years he moved into die-cutting and more recently, packaging. Under the direction of our Bindery Manager, Norbi, Paul learned how to set-up the die-cutters, and follow a system for identifying the dies. He even learned how to do the Zünd digital cutting system. Paul has been a reliable and loyal employee, truly dedicated to the success of JP Graphics. He is always on-time, staying late if needed, and most importantly, he always willing to help.
Here is what our managers had to say:
- “Paul is fast and does a good job, especially with the die-cutting and organization of the dies.” ~ Norbi
- “We’ve had a noticeable increase in production. The improvements Paul has made is evident.” ~ Joe
- “If something needs to be Zünd cut, Paul always offers to help. He will break in a job and help prepress get out prototypes or whatever we need.” ~ Dave
- “Paul is very considerate, and always asks permission for anything he needs in regard to his employment.” ~ Michelle
- “He does his job well, and it helps get the shipments out on time.” ~ Miguel
- “Paul respects Norbi so much, it has helped him learn the packaging arena quickly. His attention to detail is making us a competitive player in the medical/pharmaceutical packaging sector.” ~ Joan
Thank you, Paul, for putting your skills to their best use. Your attention to detail has helped us create packaging and products that look great and reflect the quality of the healthcare products they accompany.
Share this entry
JP Graphics, a full-service printing company, is certified woman-owned and a small business by the state of California and is a Bay Area Green Company. Located at 3310 Woodward Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95054, our 33,000 sq. ft. facility houses a state of the art prepress department, numerous offset and digital presses, a complete bindery, including lamination, and diecutting. Additional services include fulfilment, large format, and mailing. We deliver all over the Bay Area and ship all over the world.