Meet our Employee of the Month for June 2022, Michelle Del Rey!
Michelle started to work for us on April 6, 2020. She had worked here before, left for a “dream job” at Google, only to return for what we hope to be her career job.
Michelle has been instrumental in taking so much off my plate, allowing me to concentrate on Sales and Production.
From triaging phone calls and solicitors that come in to helping me get all the necessary reports to file for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) relief and the Employee Retention Credits (ERC) Michelle really does it all. She has taken over Accounting, both Accounts Receivable and Payable, as well as benefits including Insurance and our 401K program. Most importantly, Michelle acts as my Executive Assistant. I only ask her once for something, and it is done.
The most incredible thing Michelle implemented and accomplished was our Employee Recognition Event which was held on July 1st. She had to figure out all the employees hire dates, and who was deserving of our 5-year, 10-year, 15-year, and 20-year awards. She worked with our supplier for the gifts and made a form for the employees to choose their gift(s) and the name they wanted engraved or monogrammed. She had it all organized so that the day of, we could hand their accumulative gifts out to every employee. It was an amazing event and was so hard to believe how many 20-year employees we have here!
You can really see how the managers KNOW her contribution by the comments they made:
- “I chose Michelle because she does all the accounting and keeps the lights on. Plus, she always brings good lunches to the Managers Meetings.” – Miguel
- “Michelle is always smiling, nice, and so helpful when you need something. Especially when getting the postage checks for mailing services.” – George
- “The Employee Recognition Party was no small feat coordinating all the gifts. It was a wonderful BBQ. In addition, she he always helps me find the job numbers off the invoices.” – Debbie
- “Michelle is great about getting us office supplies, from batteries to rubber bands, to highlighters and pens. The gift cards and birthday cards are always on hand for the employees in our departments, making us look good. She is on top of it.” – Norbi/Dave/Joe
- “Michelle EMPOWERS me. Taking the pressures of employee and accounting issues off me and lets me focus on the important things. Which gives me the time to also work on Idyll Time Wines. She is now the Mama Bear here at JP Graphics!” – Joan
Thanks Michelle, for all you do to keep the office running smoothly. We’re glad you’ve chose JP Graphics as your work family.
Share this entry
JP Graphics, a full-service printing company, is certified woman-owned and a small business by the state of California and is a Bay Area Green Company. Located at 3310 Woodward Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95054, our 33,000 sq. ft. facility houses a state of the art prepress department, numerous offset and digital presses, a complete bindery, including lamination, and diecutting. Additional services include fulfilment, large format, and mailing. We deliver all over the Bay Area and ship all over the world.