Our mission for 2023 is to show how versatile print is. To date we have made some amazing strides in our capabilities, training, and defining our target customers. In fact, I sometimes joke, that we now have nothing but solutions here, we just need more problems.
Our marketing internships proved that one of the most effective ways to showcase our capabilities was to capture videos of specialty jobs and the unique equipment we use.So, when I tasked our Production Manager, Joe Haslemann, to use video as an opportunity for employees to demonstrate their talents, I had no idea that he was a budding Steven Spielberg. Joe has become a master of iPhone Video Production.
Joe began working for JP Graphics in January of 2012, and has been around print for most of his adult life. However, I don’t think he ever worked with a company like JP. We use printing as a form of specialized communication, we implement green printing practices, and acquire new print technologies that enable our customers to stand out from their competition.
Joe is a “hands on” kind of guy, so he struggled a little with the constant string of new capabilities we brought onboard. Especially when we added our digital printers, including the 29-inch HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press, the Xerox Iridesse Production Press, and the Xanté Excelagraphix Inkjet Box Printer. Followed closely by the Zünd Digital Die-cutter which became a game changer in same day package prototyping. We also added embellishment machinery including the Nobelus Sleeker and the Duplo DDC-810 Digital Spot UV Coater.
When we made the decision to move to 100% recycled Monadnock Papers in 2023, it was a rough transition as we needed to organize and label the paper as digital vs offset, then text vs. cover, and finally coated vs. uncoated. Joe rose to the challenge including uploading the new pricing into our systems, happily taking videos along the way.
The comments from the managers show just how valuable Joe is to JP Graphics:
- “The videos Joe produces have helped me tremendously, as I struggle to build our sales back up. They have been instrumental in demonstrating what our machines can do and showing JP’s capabilities to our packaging partners. Especially when we could not meet in person. It’s crazy how professional some of these videos are, and Joe loves to produce them.” ~ Joan
- “Joe is so helpful to me. There is a lot of pressure in bindery, so I can ask for help in cutting, laminating, or just helping me get the production to my department as soon as possible so we can finish it for shipping.” ~ Norbi
- “Everyone likes Joe, he is just an all-around good guy. He helps everyone and enjoys the people and his job.” ~ Debbie
- “Joe does what needs to be done; stays late, comes early, and helps all the departments out.” ~ Dave
- “He is all over the place, all day.” ~ Michelle
So, 10 years in, and we are looking forward to another 10 years. Thanks, Joe, for helping showcase the amazing projects we create for our clients every day. Your videos show that Everything is better with print! especially when created in our sustainable, green-certified Santa Clara print shop.
JP Graphics, a full-service printing company, is certified woman-owned and a small business by the state of California and is a Bay Area Green Company. Located at 3310 Woodward Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95054, our 33,000 sq. ft. facility houses a state of the art prepress department, numerous offset and digital presses, a complete bindery, including lamination, and diecutting. Additional services include fulfilment, large format, and mailing. We deliver all over the Bay Area and ship all over the world.