JP Graphics prints for a lot of unique businesses and this month’s featured print partner is the Alzheimer’s Association of Northern California & Northern Nevada.
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s© is full of colorful Promise Garden Flowers. Each color represents the participants’ connection to Alzheimer’s, and the reason they’re walking to end the disease. Walkers are encouraged to decorate their flowers and carry them during the walk. Which creates a beautiful moving river of flowers the day of the event that is amazing to experience in person.
We’re proud to print for the Silicon Valley organization, which held one of the largest walks in the nation in 2020 and 2021. In fact, out of the 6 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s or dementia, 35,314 call Santa Clara County home! No wonder so many people in our community come together to support this worthy cause.
What we often don’t see or discuss are the 11 million people nationwide that are serving as caregivers to family members and friends that live with dementia. In California, this unpaid caregiving adds up to 881,000 hours of valued at close to 19-million dollars.
Last year the Silicon Valley Walk to End Alzheimer’s raised a record-breaking $1,658,000 to help support these unpaid caregivers and patients.! This year we hope you can join in and help us raise even more. The walk will be held at the Excite Ballpark in San Jose on October 15. The Ceremony starts at 9:00 am, which is followed by the walk at 9:30 am.
If you’d like to learn more about how your company can help by becoming a sponsor or starting a company team, contact Zack or Shanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals and groups are welcome to join our JP Graphics Team in raising funds to support this great organization and its mission to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and dementia. 🌸
Show off your laces and your team! Tag us at Walk2EndALZ and #PrintItLoveItShareIt
* Your shoelaces will be available for pick-up on Walk Day at the registration tent. If you’d like them earlier, or won’t be there the day of the event, let us know.
Help Support the Cause
Sept 21st is World Alzheimer’s Day. Celebrate by joining us in raising money to support the association. Funds help provide free services to patients and their caregivers including a 24/7 care and support line, support groups, educational programs, and research funding to find a cure for this devastating disease.
Anyone who mentions JP Graphics and starts a team, joins our team, or makes a donation to the JP Graphics team, will receive a pair of purple and white shoelaces* (Designed by our Promo Guy, Bill Grizzle) as a thank you.
Follow the link below to learn more.
For the month of June 2019, it was decided that Claudia Rubio would get the nod as our Employee of the Month.
Claudia has worked at JP Graphics since April of 2003, and is literally mentioned at every senior staff meeting as a possible candidate. She is the IDEAL employee and is dedicated to JP Graphics through and through.
- Claudia, even with her own family pressures, will stay late and do whatever it takes to get a job out on time. She has been known to even come back to work after picking up her kids and help on those needed RUSH projects.
- There are a lot of pressures in Bindery, but Claudia always makes the time to check the quality of the finishing and does things in the order that will achieve the completion of the project on time.
- She works VERY well with Shipping Department too. Knowing the times of UPS and FedEx, or taking into account when the drivers must leave. She is well respected by all the staff, and takes the time to show how to get jobs completed more efficiently.
- Claudia is dedicated… to her children AND her JP Family. She is willing to do whatever is needed to get a job done, even if it is not in her control, she will follow through to make sure it finishes to perfection.
Claudia’s willingness to learn, has made her incredibly valuable, knowing how to set-up all the equipment – folders, stitchers, perfect binders, gluers – and asking to learn any new equipment too. Her vast knowledge of print and finishing has made even the toughest jobs come out well, and thanks to our equipment, JP Graphics does a lot of tough jobs and specialty work!!
JP Graphics is LUCKY to have such a dedicated and talented employee, and for this, she will continue to be nominated every month without fail.