Thanks to our move to specialize in the medical/pharma industry, each print we produce could potentially save a life. It’s what motivates us to consistently strive to deliver excellence.
This move and our latest featured employees have made 2023 a growth year in pharmaceutical print capabilities and training at JP Graphics.
Precision die-cutting and gluing are now our primary focus because we know your life (and ours) may one day depend on it in the form of life-saving packaging and medical pamphlets.
The print industry has had difficulty attracting a new generation of talent, but JP Graphics has made exceptional strides in bringing on youthful candidates and implementing a training process to further growth.
So it is with absolute glee that the employees of the month are 2 young recruits in bindery – Jonathan Barrientos and Ramon Rios Gonzalez.
Neither Jonathan, nor Ramon, had been in the print industry before and were a blank slate, that we could train to “the JP Graphics Way”. These young proteges quickly grasped the skills in bindery needed to enhance our quality and precision.
Jonathan started working for JP Graphics in January 2022, and became the protégé of the bindery manager, Norbi. He proved to be such a quick learner, mastering the Moll Folder/Gluer, that Norbi started teaching the cutter to Jonathan too.
Ramon joined JP in June 2023, and quickly learned how to operate the Moll Folder/Gluer as well. Thanks to Ramon’s aptitude for machine setup, Jonathan had the opportunity to perfect his skills on the die-cutters and cutters, and to train on the presses. Because a pressman with bindery knowledge is an asset to the finishing process.
The pair is now known as the Dynamic Duo of bindery. You can see from the comments from the managers, how impressed we are.
- “I think I have found my replacement. Jonathan catches on so quickly and is able to teach Ramon. They remind me of me, when I started, wanting to always learn and do more. I am now showing Jonathan the cutter, and then some of the other machines. My department is running better than ever, and I could not be prouder.” ~ Norbi
- “When Norbi was out for several weeks, I could manage the bindery, as Jonathan and Ramon, could always fill in wherever I needed them. They help wherever they are needed, and both will stay late and do whatever it takes to get jobs done.” ~ Claudia
- “It’s a joy to watch these Dynamic Duo on the folder/gluer. One feeding, one catching, counting, and boxing. The machine clicks like music when they have a large run. It’s a joy to watch them work.” ~ Joe
- “The box counts are accurate, and that helps a lot, especially when the Delivery Memos and CoC’s require complete accuracy.” ~ Miguel
- “There is NEVER an issue with these guys on their timecards or anything.” ~ Michelle
- “It’s great seeing these guys smile when you walk by, they just light up the room.” ~ Debbie
- “Seeing the talent get transferred from Norbi to these young guys, just assures me that JP Graphics will continue to grow and be more and more competitive in the medical/pharma space, which is our primary focus in 2024. We are still not done adding young blood to our mix here but seeing these 2 enjoy working here is truly satisfying as an owner.” ~ Joan
Thank you, Jonathan, and Ramon, for helping us shape the future of print. Both fully understand the need for perfection in the work they do, and it shows. From leaflets about new medications to important health updates, it’s so rewarding to see how print media still plays a crucial role in our digital world.
Thanks also to our clients and readers who have been with us on this extraordinary journey into the future of print. Here’s to continuing this path together, exploring, innovating, and crafting a world of print that’s beyond our wildest dreams. Thanks to you, everything truly is better with print!